Season 2 Preview: The Grady Babies
In seasons 1 and 1.5, we worked with almost no source material; nearly everything was generated through our own research based on court and police materials, family interviews, and investigation. The few sources we did use are properly attributed in the episodes themselves. In Season 2, we're excited to draw on source material--including expert interviews and opinions--and will offer a bibliography for each episode. This will not take the place of proper in-episode attribution.
Season Preview Sources:
- Quote describing "Grady Babies" from Jerry Gentry's Grady Baby, 1999
- NCMEC abduction statistics from NCMEC's 10th edition of the For Healthcare Professionals: guideline on the prevention of and response to infant abductions, 2015
- Information on untested rape kits at Grady from the AJC's (author Willoughby Mariano) "Locked Away,": 2016
- Information (dates, basic facts) of the kidnapping of Shanta Alexander: AJC archives (AP) and UPI archives, n/a "Police said Wednesday . . ."
- Information on the kidnapping of Janiqua Brooks: Atlanta Daily World archives, August 1989, author not stated, "Infant Taken From Grady Hospital Ward"
- Information (dates, basic facts) on the abduction of Elijah Evans: 1993, Athens Banner-Herald Archives, n/a
- Information (dates, basic facts) on the kidnapping of Christopher Lewis, AJC archives, 1991, authors Derrick Hinman and Bill Robinson, no headline
- Information on the juvenile perpetrator abductions (dates, basic facts) (1992) AJC archives, February 1995, M.A.J. McKenna, "High-tech tot tags Hospitals target babysnatchers
with same devices stores use"
- Information on 1996 juvenile perpetrator abduction (dates and basic facts), AJC Archives July 1996, Christy Oglesbsy, "Police Recapture Teen Wanted in Kidnapping)
- The Charley Project, Tavish Sutton
- The Charley Project, Raymond Green
- All other information generated through our own primary research and interviews with family members and those directly affected